Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Real Estate Salesperson Test Prep Review: Pocket Prep



For the last few weeks, I've been preparing to take the California real estate salesperson test. I've used a few different materials, including my textbooks from Kaplan, some Youtube videos, and a wide variety of free online practice tests. Over the last week, however, I've gravitated to one exclusive resource - Pocket Prep's California Real Estate Brokers & Salespersons app for my Android phone. 

This app has been nothing short of amazing. It features a 500 question test bank covering all facets of the subject areas covered on the test, including:

  • Contracts
  • Financing
  • Laws of agency and fiduciary duties
  • Practice of real estate and disclosures
  • Property ownership and land use controls and regulations
  • Property valuation and financial analysis
  • Transfer of property
The app allows you to set up practice tests of varying length (I choose 10 questions) and offers explanations for the answers. When a test is completed, you're given an overall score and a score for each subject area. Under the "test history" section, you can view all of your test results both overall and by subject area. That's handy because it gives you insight to the areas that need the most work, which can then be used to tailor the practice tests. The app also features a question of the day and |tips and tricks" section, both of which can help supplement the practice tests. 

I initially used the free version with a limited question bank, but soon purchased the full version. At $25.99, it was the most expensive app I've ever purchased. However, it was the best value of any of the study prep options I researched AND far surpasses all the free resources available on the Interwebz. 

Having spent years reviewing running gear on my Barefoot Running University blog and "adult" products on my Sexpressionists blog, I'm well-versed in the review game. That includes noting the positives and the negatives about any given product. This app presents a weird situation where I can't note any serious negatives. While it would be great if it were cheaper, it's still a far better value than all the other test prep shit floating around out there. The versatility, customization, and thoroughness of the app make places it in a category by itself. I HIGHLY recommend this app to anyone studying for the real estate salesperson test.

Some more screenshots:

The test question format

Individual test results
Cumulative test results... yes, I need work. ;-)
Settings


###




No comments:

Post a Comment